Sunday, January 30, 2011

Forgot to mention the Joker character in this movie. Flawless performance Heath Ledger, may u rest in peace.

so the other night I was watching TNT's premire of Batman:The Dark Knight. I've already watched it a couple of times in the past and thought it was really good, but for some reason when I watched it this time, it blew my mind more than it ever has before. Seriously! It was like, I had some sort of epiphany about how incredibly detailed and deliberately connected all the themes and symbols where in this movie! It also made me a bit angry at myself for not noticing all this before when I first saw it almost 3 years ago. Nevertheless I was pretty amazed. I mean, how many movies are out there where every line, action, screenshot, and character are successfully combined to fully portray the overall theme of the plot while keeping the story interesting and entertaining with never a dull moment to be seen? Not to mention that the theme is one that is deep and difficult to understand but is still comprehendable, though it leaves more questions to be answered. All I'm saying is that I'm very impressed at how well the movie was made, so well that I felt like instead of vegetating in front if the television I was doing a literary analysis on a college level book like Heart if Darkness. Of course, now that I think about it, I probably would not be so astounded by this movie had I not had literary analysis training from AP English courses, which surprisingly has proven to be useful for not only books but other forms of entertainment too. Anyway this movie is incredible! Amazing! Refreshing! A head above the rest if movies had heads. So much, that i think I shall spend my next tip money on purchasing this movie while I'm still amazed by it's amazingness :3

No comments:

Post a Comment