Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dress Shopping....no thanks :P

Okay, so I'm like having the worst luck trying to find a dress for the Christmas dance this year at our school. Why? Because every dress I actually like is like 150 dollars and then the ones that are actually at a reasonable price are too weird-looking, dull, and ugly!! I mean, it sounds like I'm being really picky but I don't think I am. Considering that I'll get to carry this dress into to college, wanting a dress that I'll actually look good in and want to wear on numerous occasions doesn't seem too ridiculous. Personally, I just have an eye for the finer things, which isn't really something to brag about in this situation I guess, just saying is all. There is this one, though, I really really really liked that I picked out myself... and it was fabulous~! It's a combination of gold, sparkles, tu-tu style skirt, and strapless fitted top with a bow at the waist, and in it I looked like a little ballerina! So cute. And so out of my price range. This has pretty much been my luck with all the other dresses I've fallen for: gorgeous and unattianable, which makes me want them even more because we always want what we can't have I guess.
But now it's getting pretty close to dance time and shipping and handling for a dress online is probably going to take several days. Plus my date needs to know what color tie to get. So I guess I have no choice! Time to swallow my pride, stop thinking of my vain self, understand that this is a night for dancing and eating with friends, and settle for a tolerably "nice" dress. And just pray I can get through the night without cringing at the mere image of me in a "meh" dress. That being the case, probably should avoid mirrors.
Come to think of it.........you what's going to be even scarier? Prom dress shopping. Oh yeah, I have a definite feeling like this present conflict of dress-picking will seem like mere purgatory for the hades of dressing shopping that is to come this spring. I know that sounds pretty dramatic, but I had it easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy last year, no joke! Just borrowed the dress my sister wore that no one remembered from like two years ago that happened to fit me perfectly and, magically, no one else I knew had it on at the prom. That being said, what are the odds of me being that lucky this year? Again? Not high I would imagine. Course I have a B in statistics so what do I know, could likely happen again! But I'm not counting on it obviously.
You know, maybe I just won't go to prom next year. Save me alot of trouble right? No stressing about dressing, dates, meal plans, deciding what group to go with, having pictures taken, expensive haridos that won't last after two seconds of dancing too hard on the dance floor, and not worrying about tripping over your precious dress whilst walking for lead-out! Yep, that would be a load of stress off my back is all I can say......Course it is the last "Hu-ra" before highschool ends...but hey! I'm still planning stuff with my friends for the following summer, right? So what's the big deal? Hm, well, can't make a decison right now because it's too early for that kind of planning. Guess I'll see if I still care about it next spring. Got to work on the "now" stuff, meaning I've got to go find a Christmas dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment